Friday, July 11, 2008

Stuffed summer squash

HPIM1079.JPG


Start with a cooked pot of rice, some cooked sausage, and whatever else you think would be good in a pot of dirty rice.  Crumble some sausage into the rice, add some chopped onion, chopped green pepper is good, shredded cheese of your choice, spices to taste, salt, pepper, California blend garlic salt, steakhouse grind, Mrs. dash etc - Not necessarily all of those but whatever turns you on at the time.  Mix the rice thoroughly.

(oh god don't look at the side of my stove - yes I am ashamed, but I use the time I could be cleaning the side of the stove to read to my son, or take walks with him... really!  Of course now I'll have to clean it lol)

Take your pick of zucchini or yellow summer squash - big enough specimens to stuff of course... slice lengthwise and scoop out the seeds (feed those to the chickens if you have some lol) stuff the squash with your dirty rice mixture
HPIM1080.JPG

and top with slices of bacon

Bake at 350 degrees until bacon is crisp and squash is tender.  Cut larger squash such as these in sections to serve.

Enjoy!


Blogged with the Flock Browser

No comments: