Sunday, December 16, 2007

Last nights dinner - Indoor grilled Chicken w/gifts from the garden in December...

Ok this is the whole dinner, not just the chicken...

so anyway the Chicken was coated with balsamic vinaigrette salad dressing and then sprinkled with the california style garlic salt, fresh ground peppercorns and sea salt, then grilled indoors, for which you do need an indoor grill and a place next to a window or an exhaust fan of whatever kind.... you can see my ugly one behind/above the stove...



so once the chicken is almost done, and you don't want the outside to get any crunchier... I unplug the grill and put an aluminum foil tent over the chicken so it continues to cook for a little while - while I'm working on other stuff....



so I had baked potato's in the oven and I like mine with crunchy hulls so I cook them longer than most people do... :) - so anyway I went outside to see if there were any chives left for this year, and got the very last of them til they come back out next spring.... :) I love my chives, especially when they bloom - you can eat those blooms too :). so here's the potato's with the last of the fresh chives for this year



while I was out getting the chives I found some other goodies...
the parsley was surviving in spite of drought and neglect...



not only that, but there were green onions to be had...



now the last part was just a simple frozen green giant vegetable medley, done in the marvelous microwave and spooned right out of the package it was cooked in... :)



then I added a little bowl of ranch dressing dip, a green onion, and some fresh cut carrot sticks that I had been munching on while I cooked :)

and dinner turned out really great



oh yeah and a few sprigs of the surviving flat leaved italian parsley, I like it so much better than the curly variety :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Never knew you cant eat chive blossoms. Might give a new take on decorating some dishes with it.